Thursday, April 17, 2008

Fun with Power

Ever think power is only for Olympic or professional athletes? Not so... Power is simply the ability to move a muscle fast. It is very important to prevent falls and maintain balance. Loss of power is one reason older people fall.

If you want a quick power workout, power walk up a small incline hill at a fast pace. You should warm up first, of course.

One good thing about power training is you do not need many reps. During power training, your body tires quickly so low reps are better.

Here is some of my power training video.

Watch for about 23 seconds for a good laugh.... :)

4 comments:

TheSwan said...

this blog is very cool,Jeff. I like that video demonstrations a lot. I hope you keep it up; I can see this building a devoted following.

-Jason(from TM)

Jeff Blair said...

Awesome Jason. I will put many more videos on here in the future. Tell me if you have any particular areas where you would like to see video. I will do my best to get something on here in that area.

Thanks for reading!

GymCed said...

Can't believe the weights you used for the box squats. I am now more than ever motivated to try putting some weights on the bar and hopefully qualify as a model for one of your videos.

Jeff Blair said...

Gymced,

It is just a matter of time until you are featured in a video! I love working with you and Cathy as a personal trainer! I must have the best job around. :)